Brochure Type: TT Europe Winter 23 24 v2
Short on time, but want a jam-packed adventure filled with European Highlights? Cruise down the Rhine River, savour a banquet in a castle and catch your breath as you see the Eiffel Tower in Paris. You'll return home with more than Swiss chocolate in your luggage.
- Explore Paris with a Local Specialist
- Discover Amsterdam and Lucerne
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen and a cuckoo clock factory in the Black Forrest
- View the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs-Elysees, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- See the Lorelei Rock and the vineyards of Burgundy
- Scenic Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. Discover the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
- Rhineland: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.
- Heidelberg: See the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince's town.
- Rhine Falls: See these spectacular falls.
- Switzerland: Marvel at the Alpine landscape as you drive past breathtakingly beautiful mountains and valleys.
- Lucerne: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the Lion Monument, Old Town Hall and Chapel Bridge, the oldest wooden covered bridge in Europe.
- Paris: Join a Local Specialist to discover the hidden squares and secret lanes of Paris.
- Enjoy German hospitality when you join an exclusive Be My Guest dinner with your fellow travel companions.
- Black Forest: Watch as skilled craftsman capture the distinctive sound of the cuckoo demonstrating the centuries' old craft of clock making in the Black Forest.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Eurostar high-speed train from Paris to London
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16973927
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2022
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Welcome to Amsterdam: Welcome to the colourful city of Amsterdam. Explore this city of bicycles and boats before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening, on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.|
|Day 2||Rhineland||Enjoy a Scenic Cruise in the Rhineland Connect with Locals: Journey through Germany's Rhine Valley, boarding a cruise past terraced vineyards, historic towns and medieval castles to St. Goar. The old university town of Heidelberg is our next stop, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and view of the ruined red sandstone castle that towers above the city. Connect With Locals this evening over dinner at an exclusive Be My Guest experience. We venture to our hotel in Heidelberg.|
|Day 3||Lucerne||Journey through the Black Forest to Lucerne Dive Into Culture: Delve into a world of legends and fairy-tales today as you enter the enchanting Black Forest. Here, we'll Dive Into Culture and witness the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. We cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne where we will stay for the next two nights.|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Explore Lucerne: Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere before your morning orientation begins. Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the Old Town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience ascending the surrounding mountains for panoramic alpine views, wander along the tranquil lake shore or stroll around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate facades lining the city's streets.|
|Day 5||Paris||Off through the Burgundy Wine Region to Paris: See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and cross the Maginot Line. Admire the scenic Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris. Indulge in a free evening to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital. Experience the pageantry of Paris first-hand and opt for an Optional Experience to a Parisian Cabaret.|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 6||Paris||Explore Magical Paris: Join a Local Specialist today and delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs-Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and Travel Director.|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 7||London||Catch the Eurostar to London: Transfers are provided to Paris Gare du Nord station, where you'll board the Eurostar train to London. The journey time to London St. Pancras International is 2 hours and 20 minutes. On arrival in London, you are met and transferred to your hotel.|
Park Plaza Riverbank
|Day 8||Journey Home||Journey Home: Enjoy an English breakfast at the end of your holiday.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class