2021: Eastern US & Canada Grand Vacation with Extended Stay in New York City (8205)
17 days from New York City to New York City
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15243874
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2021
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||New York||Welcome to the 'Big Apple!' Your Tour Director is on hand this afternoon to answer any questions.|
|Day 2||Boston||This morning, on the included sightseeing tour with a local expert, visit Broadway, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Chinatown, City Hall, Wall Street, and Trinity Church. This afternoon, head for Boston-the 'Cradle of American Liberty.' Visit its historic landmarks, reflecting the important part it has played in the history of the United States.|
|Day 3||Boston||On your morning guided tour of Boston, see Faneuil Hall, the Old North Church (where Paul Revere was signaled for the departure of British troops to Lexington), the Freedom Trail, and Boston Common. The afternoon is free to explore on your own. (B)|
|Day 4||Quebec City||Journey through New Hampshire, passing the State Capitol at Concord and on to the scenic White Mountains. Continue to the Canadian border, where you'll notice a change in language and tradition as you enter the French-Canadian province of Quebec. Overnight in historic Quebec City on the banks of the St. Lawrence River. (B)|
|Day 5||Quebec City Area||This morning, join your traveling companions on a unique optional excursion to the Erabliere le Chemin du Roy Sugar Shack. Visitors to the sugar cabin will enjoy a typical Quebec breakfast, along with a guided visit and presentation to explain the process of maple extraction. Afterward, return to Quebec City for a guided tour of Canada's only walled city, crowned by the turrets of Chateau Frontenac. Until the British victory of 1759, Old Quebec was the center of New France; today, it's a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Within the walls reside the Place d'Armes, Laval Seminary, the star-plan Citadelle with grand vistas from its bastions, and ancient Place Royale. See the Old World houses crowding narrow streets in Lower Town and the historic Plains of Abraham, where General Wolfe stormed the slopes. The afternoon is at leisure.|
|Day 6||Montreal||Today, drive to cosmopolitan Montreal, one of Canada's largest cities and home of Expo '67 and the 1976 Summer Olympics. Included guided sightseeing includes St. Joseph's Oratory, the lookout atop Mount Royal, once-walled Old Montreal, Notre Dame Church, the Seminary of St. Sulpice (built by the first missionary settlers), and modern Montreal.|
|Day 7||Ottawa||Drive west to Ottawa, Canada's beautiful capital. Guided city sightseeing includes Parliament Hill with its Gothic buildings, the Canadian Mint, the Rideau Canal, the hexagonal National Arts Centre, and stately residences and embassies. With a free afternoon you could visit the Canadian Museum of History, with panoramic views of Parliament Hill across the Ottawa River.|
|Day 8||Toronto||Trace the Rideau Canal south to the amazing Thousand Islands National Park. Enjoy many wooded islands along the St. Lawrence River, sprinkled with beautifully simple to opulent summer homes on your included scenic cruise. (B)|
|Day 9||Toronto||Setting Toronto's exciting architectural tone are City Hall; the downtown banking district; Roger's Center; and stunning CN Tower, more than a third of a mile high. See all this and more on your morning city sightseeing tour. Then, spend the rest of the day exploring the city sights on your own, including Harborfront, Ontario Place, and Chinatown.|
|Day 10||Niagara Falls||Travel south along the lakeshore and through the rich farmlands and vineyards of Ontario to Niagara Falls. Stop at Table Rock and hear the raging waters. Then, board your Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise for amazing close-ups at the base of the falls. NOTE:Operation of the Niagara Falls sightseeing cruise is subject to favorable weather conditions. When weather is unfavorable, a walking tour through the scenic tunnels will be substituted.|
|Day 11||Lancaster||Leave Canada and head southeast through the Appalachian Mountains and along a portion of the Susquehanna River into Pennsylvania Dutch farm country. Tonight, join the optional excursion and experience a traditional Amish dinner.|
|Day 12||Washington, DC||This morning, stop at the Amish Farm & House. A Local Guide explains the faith, culture, and way of life of these people for whom tradition forbids the use of electricity or telephones in the home. On to Washington DC for an afternoon arrival.|
|Day 13||Washington, DC||The nation's capital is a sightseeing treasure trove. Your half-day tour with a Local Guide visits the Lincoln and Washington Monuments, National WWII Memorial, and photo stops at Capitol Hill, the White House, and other well-known sights. Your Tour Director will also suggest a number of independent activities that explore different facets of this splendid city. (B)|
|Day 14||Philadelphia||Travel north this morning to Philadelphia for included sightseeing focusing on the important buildings of this historic city, the 'Birthplace of the Nation.' (B)|
|Day 15||New York||This morning, leave for New York City. Check into the New Yorker, a Wyndham Hotel for the next two nights.|
|Day 16||New York||The 'Big Apple' beckons. New York has it all, from Broadway shows to museums, shopping, and great restaurants.|
|Day 17||New York||Your vacation ends this morning.|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).