Brochure Type: Europe & Britain Costsaver 2020
Enjoy the mesmerising landscapes and rich heritage and flavours of Europe. Travel from London to Amsterdam, through the lush green Belgian and Dutch countryside to the beautiful Rhine Valley, shores of Lake Lucerne and Paris, the City of Light. This brief encounter with the highlights of Europe will give you just a taste of the diversity that makes this continent a favourite holiday destination.
- Amsterdam Orientation includes the historic city centre
- Black Forest See this picturesque region
- Cologne View the Gothic Cathedral
- Dover See the White Cliffs
- Lucerne Orientation including of the the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Paris View the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower on your sightseeing tour
- Rhine Valley Cruise the romantic Rhine
- Schaffhausen View the mighty Rhine Falls
- 7 Breakfasts
- 2 Three-course dinners
- Audio Headsets provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- The services of a Local Host at your London hotel
- Return ferry from Dover to Calais.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- City orientation tours
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- London airport transfers are available to purchase, conditions apply. See airport transfer page.
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14623999
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (1 Night): Well hello there London! Diverse, proud and eager to exceed your expectations, the British capital is the perfect starting point to prime you for an exhilarating exploration of Europe. After check-in you'll have the rest of the day to explore this multicultural city your way. Delve into the stories that have shaped this great city, once the capital of a mighty empire that influenced many parts of the world and today is still influenced by these.|
Ibis Earls Court/Hilton Olympia
|Day 2||Amsterdam||London - Amsterdam (1 Night): This morning meet your Travel Director and fellow travelling companions to board your coach and set off from London. It's time to say goodbye to 'Old Blighty' and hello to the free-thinking capital of the Netherlands. Your journey to the continent begins with a drive through the lush Kent countryside. You'll board your ferry in Dover next and cross to Calais, travelling north through the endless plains of Belgium and the Netherlands to Amsterdam. If you can tear your eyes from its scenic canals, you'll be staring at the city's teetering gabled homes that proclaim their birth year with pride on their colourful facades. There's no better way to immerse yourself fully in Amsterdam's gezelligheid than taking an optional canal cruise in a glass-topped boat this evening.|
|Day 3||Rhineland||Amsterdam - Cologne - Rhine Cruise - Rhineland (1 Night): From Amsterdam's leafy canals to the towering spires of Cologne, your morning will be jam-packed with sights you'll want to capture on camera as you head east into the lush landscapes of Germany. View the imposing Gothic Cologne Cathedral then head to Boppard where you'll board your river cruise down the Rhine. Pass medieval villages, terraced vineyards and medieval castles where feuding lords must have surveyed their lands once upon a time. Watch the soul-stirring scenery of the Rhine Valley unfold as you kick back and watch the world go by. Arrive later at your hotel in the Rhineland where you'll join your travel companions for dinner.|
Achat Premium Neustadt Weinstrasse
|Day 4||LUCERNE REGION||Rhineland - Black Forest - Rhine Falls - Lucerne Region (2 Nights): Straight out of a Brothers Grimm fairy tale, Germany's Black Forest is the perfect backdrop for this morning's scenic drive. You'll see why its enchanting landscapes have inspired myths and fables throughout the centuries before crossing into Switzerland. A quick stop in Schaffhausen means there's time to capture the cascading waters of Rhine Falls, Europe's biggest waterfall, before you arrive in the scenic region of Lake Lucerne. This evening, consider an Optional Experience to a Swiss folklore show which will highlight many Swiss traditions including yodelling and alpine horn playing.|
|Day 5||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation and Free Time: Join your Travel Director for an orientation through the Old Town and to the ancient Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument. See the mournful, mortally wounded lion hewn from rock to commemorate the sacrifice made by the Swiss Guard who died defending Louis XVI during the French Revolution, then enjoy some time on your own. You'll then have the full day to discover why Lucerne earned its place on the 'Grand Tour' of Europe. You could choose to ascend to the alpine heavens, joining an optional scenic cruise across Lake Lucerne to Stans, then travelling by railway and cable car into the mountains for exhilarating mountain views.|
|Day 6||Paris||Lucerne Region - Paris (2 Nights): Enjoy a brief second encounter with the Rhine River when you head north, passing Basel en route to France. Admire the scenic views of the Burgundy wine region that follow your journey north to the French capital. Get a head start on your sightseeing and delve into Paris's grand past, dynamic present and exciting future on your own this evening. Why not join an Optional Experience, including a scenic river cruise and an illuminations drive, stopping at all the best photo spots?|
Novotel Pont de Sevres
|Day 7||Paris||Paris Sightseeing and Free Time: Embrace elegance today with a full day to get under the skin of the City of Lights. Your Travel Director will deliver an excellent introduction during your sightseeing tour which includes views of the Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower and Champs Elysees. There's time to see the sights on your own this afternoon. You could choose to hit the shops or tread in the footsteps of Picasso and Dali in Montmartre, exploring its maze of streets and Artist's Square. Tonight, the frills and flounces of the Can-Can girls at a cabaret promise an entertaining evening should you wish to join this Optional Experience.|
|Day 8||Paris||Depart Paris: After breakfast say farewell to your fellow travellers at the end of your holiday. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- King's Day is a national holiday in the Netherlands. Celebrations will be taking place throughout Amsterdam on 27 April.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class