Escape to the beauty and history of the 'Emerald Isle' on your guided tour of Ireland. Begin your escape into the green farms and sweeping seashores without the large crowds or costs of the 'busy' travel season. You'll begin in the fair city of Dublin. See the statues lining O'Connell Street-Dublin's main thoroughfare with its red-brick townhouses and colorful doors behind the wrought-iron fences of elegant Georgian squares. You'll also see Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral along the way. Leave the bustle of Dublin for the green landscapes of Ireland's fields, with a visit to Rathbaun Farm. You'll see a sheep-dog corral sheep, and be invited to bake your own scones in the farmhouse kitchen. You'll travel on to West Ireland's colorful harbor city of Galway, with its vibrant shops, cafes, and traditional Irish pubs. You'll travel to Northern Ireland-passing through Westport, Donegal, and Letterkenny. Enjoy a guided walk in Derry's Old Town, and visit the amazing natural formation of Giant's Causeway-massive basalt columns that dramatically extend across the seashore. Spend two nights in Belfast, with plenty to see in Northern Ireland's capital city, including the fascinating Titanic Experience. You'll stop in Carlingford on your return trip to Dublin. This Cooley Peninsula town is famous for its oyster farms, medieval buildings, and 12th-century King John's Castle which overlooks the city. Spend the last night of your escorted tour of Ireland where you began, in Dublin. You'll see why this escape through Ireland's beauty and history is made even better without the crowds of the high season on your affordable, guided Ireland vacation.
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594354
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Dublin||Cead mile failte-a hundred-thousand welcomes! Check into your hotel. At 3 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for an afternoon orientation drive through statue-lined O'Connell Street, elegant Georgian squares with their tall, red-brick townhouses, colorful doors, and wrought iron-decorated windows, Oscar Wilde's Trinity College and St. Patrick's Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Galway||Drive through lush green country side to Athlone, on the River Shannon, and then to RATHBAUN FARM, where you'll see the farmer maneuver a flock of sheep with the help of a sheep dog. Try your hand at [LF] SCONE BAKING and then enjoy them fresh from the oven with a cup of coffee. On to Galway, a popular seaside destination and a buzzing cosmopolitan center with colorful shops and a busy cafe and bar culture. (B)|
|Day 3||Letterkenny||On your way north, pause at Westport, the elegant holiday resort on the edge of an Atlantic inlet, before continuing to Donegal, named 'Fort of the Foreigners' by the Vikings who invaded the town in the 8th century. Continue on through rich and fertile farmland, strewn with whitewashed houses, to Letterkenny. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Belfast||The first highlight today is Derry, situated on the banks of the Foyle River, and a WALK on the Old Town walls in the company of a Local Guide. After lunch, visit the awe-inspiring GIANT'S CAUSEWAY, composed of thousands of strangely symmetrical basalt columns jutting out to sea. Stay overnight in Belfast, Northern Ireland's seat of government. (B)|
|Day 5||Belfast||This morning's orientation drive will take you past all the city's attractions, including City Hall, the Albert Memorial Clock Tower, and Queens University. Next, visit the fascinating TITANIC EXPERIENCE and learn all about the building of the largest passenger steam ship, its maiden voyage, and the tragic night of April 14, 1912. The afternoon is free to explore the city on your own. (B)|
|Day 6||Dublin||On your way back south, stop in Carlingford, on the Cooley Peninsula, known for its oyster farms and medieval buildings. The 12th-century King John's Castle overlooks the harbor and Taaffe's Castle-a 16th-century tower house. Back in Dublin, a fitting farewell to Ireland would be to join an optional cabaret evening with dinner, followed by dance, song, and laughter. (B)|
|Day 7||Dublin||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy. The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Dublin: in single room from $148 to $217, in twin from $87 to $123, in triple from $82 to $106
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).