USA and Canada Costsaver 2018: Costa Rica Adventure Summer 2018
Brochure Type: USA and Canada Costsaver 2018
Discoveries abound on this Costa Rican all-encompassing adventure. Travel from the vibrant capital, San Jose to quaint artisan settlements before being awestruck by this nation's outstanding natural beauty. From volcanos to rainforests, you'll quickly understand why Costa Rica is famed for its richly diverse ecosystems and the spectacular and unique flora and fauna it affords.
- Arenal Enjoy trails and suspension bridges, hike along lava trails through Mirador 1968, a private reserve, located adjacent to Volcano Arenal National Park and take a scenic float trip safari with your Local Specialist
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Hike with your Local Specialist who offers insights into the region's unique bird and wildlife ecosystems
- San Jose Enjoy an orientation tour in the capital city of Costa Rica and explore Sarchi, the arts and crafts capital, famed for its intricately painted oxcarts
- 6 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- 1 Lunch
- Audio Headsets Provided throughout your holiday to enhance your included sightseeing experiences
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13899902
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Jose||Arrive San Jose: Pura vida, welcome to Costa Rica. Get settled in at your hotel and start exploring on your own.|
Aloft San Jose
|Day 2||Monteverde||San Jose - Monteverde (2 Nights): Start the day with a brief sightseeing tour of San Jose, Costa Rica's vibrant capital city. Then head north and stop in Sarchi, a quaint little town known as the cradle of Costa Rican artisanship. The town is perhaps most widely recognised for its colourful and decorative oxcarts that have been made here for over a century. There's time to browse the beautifully intricate arts, crafts and souvenirs. Continue ascending the Tilaran Mountain range and watch as the landscape changes before your eyes as you enter the stunning Cloud Forest area.Full Breakfast|
Monteverde Country Lodge
|Day 3||Monteverde||Monteverde Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning, join your Local Specialist as you explore The Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve. This world-renowned forest contains a variety of different types of ecosystems. Learn about the thousands of plants and animal species, many of which are endemic to the area-over 400 species of birds alone, including 30 species of hummingbirds. See howler monkeys, sloths, toucans and possibly the resplendent Quetzal bird. Discover unique flora, including orchids, bromeliads and strangler figs, adding to this forest's already impressive beauty. This afternoon, relax or partake in optional activities. This evening, you may want to transfer into town for dinner at a local restaurant. Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Arenal||Monteverde - Arenal (3 Nights): Today, take in the wonderful vistas of coffee plantations and cattle ranches as you make your way toward Lake Arenal and Arenal Volcano National Park. Arrive at your beautiful resort for a relaxing three night stay. Surrounded by Costa Rica's most richly diverse ecosystems, your secluded resort features spectacular views overlooking the San Carlos River. Enjoy outdoor pools, a botanical and butterfly garden and abundant wildlife, including tame iguanas roaming around the property. Dinner is included this evening at the resort. Full Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Arenal||Arenal Full Day Sightseeing: Rise and shine for an early guided hike through Mirador 1968. This private reserve, located next to Arenal Volcano National Park, is named in honour of the volcano's greatest eruption which changed the panorama of this region. As you walk along the lava trails, you'll see evidence of the volcanic activity in the area and its effect. Continue to the town of La Fortuna and enjoy some time to browse. This afternoon, head toward the famous Arenal Hanging Bridges Park. Here, "sky walk" with your Local Specialist across suspension bridges and through tree canopies, giving you a close up view of life in the canopy. This evening, visit a hot springs resort where you'll be able to enjoy and relax in the mineral hot pools coming directly from the volcano.Full Breakfast|
|Day 6||Arenal||Arenal Sightseeing and Free Time: This morning, enjoy the sights and sounds of the rainforest and experience its peacefulness-on a safari float trip down the Penas Blancas River. Appreciate the wonders of the Penas Blancas River and the surrounding rainforest as you glide silently taking photos of monkeys, sloths, iguanas, caimans and numerous tropical birds. Your professional guide will share with you educational and interesting explanations about the plants and animals that call the jungle home. Along the way, visit a farming family who live on the river, untouched by modern conveniences. Return to the resort in time for lunch, followed by a horseback ride through the rainforest. The rest of the day is at leisure to pursue your own interests. Swim, play tennis, stroll through the botanical and butterfly gardens or partake in optional activities such as ziplining, white water rafting adventures or perhaps a massage at the spa. This evening, get together with your fellow travellers for dinner. Full Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner|
|Day 7||San Jose||Arenal - San Jose: Transfer back to San Jose International Airport or extend your holiday to Guanacaste. Full Breakfast|
- For a trip with more exclusive Insider experiences, more included meals and upgraded hotels, see our Costa Rica Eco Adventure itinerary featured in the USA & Canada brochure.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class