Best of Finland Russia and The Baltic States Preview 2018
Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Explore the rare Baltic gems of Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia and Belarus along the seaway from Helsinki to St. Petersburg for fascinating insights into the heritage of the Tsars and days spent seeing the magnificent sights of Moscow. You'll also wander through the ancient capitals of Riga, Vilnius and Minsk and the beautifully preserved streets of Talinn's Haseatic Quarter.
- View Red Square in Moscow, Nevsky Prospekt and St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg and the Finlandia Hall in Helsinki
- Visit the St. Peter and Paul Fortress and Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, the Kremlin in Moscow, the Peter and Paul Church in Vilnius, the Hill of Crosses in Siauliai and the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Tallinn
- 14 hot buffet breakfasts
- 7 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- 1 Regional Meal lunch
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Gulf of Finland.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- High speed train between St. Petersburg and Moscow.
- Rail service is reserved in standard class.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (412) 331-2244 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495225
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 15 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Helsinki||Arrive Helsinki: Welcome to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. Relax after check-in. Tonight, meet your Travel Director and fellow companions for an evening orientation drive and Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Holiday Inn City Centre
|Day 2||St. Petersburg||Helsinki - St. Petersburg (3 Nights): Follow the coast along the Gulf of Finland and cross the border into Russia. Travel through the forests of Karelia to St. Petersburg. This evening, consider the relaxing cruise of the "Venice of the North". Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 3||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg Sightseeing: Your Local Specialist shows you the city's sights including the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral and the Statue of Peter the Great. Visit the Peter and Paul Fortress. Later today see one of the world's largest and most valuable art collections inside the magnificent Hermitage Museum - a highlight of any trip to Russia.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||St. Petersburg||St. Petersburg: Today enjoy free time to see more sights and shop for Russian souvenirs. Alternatively your Travel Director will suggest joining an Optional Experience to see a Russian folklore show.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Moscow||St. Petersburg - High Speed Train - Moscow (3 Nights): Travel on a comfortable, German designed high-speed "Sapsan" train across the vast Russian landscape towards the capital city. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Radisson Blu Belorussakaya
|Day 6||Moscow||Moscow Sightseeing: Your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes all the main sights such as St. Basil's Cathedral and Red Square. The highlight will be a visit inside the magnificent Kremlin. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Moscow||Moscow: Today there is plenty of time to explore on your own, relax or shop for souvenirs. You might also like to join an Optional Experience to the Tsar's Treasury Chamber or St. Sergius Monastery and its fascinating handicraft market.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Minsk||Moscow - Minsk (2 Nights): Follow in the footsteps of Napoleon's retreating army of 1812, passing near Borodino and stopping for a Regional Meal lunch in the Smolensk region. Cross the border into Belarus and continue to Minsk. Tonight dine on traditional cuisine at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal, Dinner|
|Day 9||Minsk||Minsk Sightseeing: View the sights with a Local Specialist including Hero City Memorial during your sightseeing tour. Enjoy the rest of your day exploring the city. Why not visit the Saint Elizabeth Convent to see their stained glass and religious icon workshop? Tonight enjoy a Be My Guest dinner in a country home surrounded by state farms close to Minsk where you hear folk songs and taste local delicacies.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 10||Vilnius||Minsk - Vilnius Sightseeing: Drive west and cross the border into Lithuania, arriving later in the capital Vilnius. Your Local Specialist shows you the sights during your walking tour, including the Bishop's Palace and the University. Explore the Baroque Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, featuring exceptional sculptural decoration. Walk to the Gates of Dawn, the Carmelite Church of St. Theresa, the former Jewish Ghetto, the Cathedral and the new Royal Palace excavations. Finish at the Church of St. Anna and the site of the synagogue destroyed during World War II.Buffet Breakfast|
Radisson Blu Lietuva
|Day 11||Riga||Vilnius - Siauliai - Riga (2 Nights): Leave Vilnius after lunch and visit the Hill of Crosses at Siauliai. Later arrive in the ancient city of Riga, Latvia's capital, made famous by the stories of Baron von Munchhausen. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Radisson Blu Latvija
|Day 12||Riga||Riga Sightseeing: Riga is a beautiful historic city on the Baltic coast. The extensive Old Town contains narrow medieval streets, Gothic and Baroque Churches, 19th century municipal buildings and Hanseatic warehouses. Your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing and walking tour to show you the main highlights. Spend free time afterwards exploring on your own and shopping for souvenirs in the Old Town.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 13||Tallinn||Riga - Tallinn Sightseeing: Follow the Gulf of Riga north into Estonia, and travel via Parnu a popular beach resort to Tallinn. Admire the sights of Tallinn with your Local Specialist. Explore the beautifully preserved streets of the old Hanseatic Quarter and 15th century Luhike Jalg Gate and visit Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. This evening join your companions for a Regional Meal of typical specialities at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Radisson Blu Olumpia
|Day 14||Helsinki||Tallinn - Helsinki Sightseeing: This morning board a ferry and cross the sea to Helsinki in Finland. Meet your Local Specialist and admire Finlandia Hall, the Senate and Market Squares and cafe-lined Esplanade during your sightseeing tour. Join your travelling companions for a special Farewell Dinner this evening.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Scandic Grand Marina
|Day 15||Depart Helsinki||Depart Helsinki: Say goodbye to newfound friends at the end of your memorable and exciting trip. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Scandinavian Breakfast|
- Important Visa Information: Visas may be required for this trip. Please speak to your travel agent at the time of booking to assess your specific requirements. Visas cannot be issued at borders in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class